These are the EPA-SSSP activities planned for the next EPA Congress (Warsaw, April 6-9th, 2019).
- Monday, 8th April 2019, 11-12.30
- WARSAW EXPO XXI, Prądzyńskiego 12/14, 01-222 Warszawa, Poland
Meeting room 3, 1st floor (Pavilion 2)
- Intersection symposium with the Cultural Psychiatry Section:
“Suicidal behavior in immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers and ethnic minorities”
Chair: Marco Sarchiapone, Italy; Meryam Schouler-Ocak, German.
Sunday April 7th 10.00-11.30 Hall B
“Making Sense of Suicide Risk Prevention: From Childhood Adversities to Clinical Judgement”
Chair: Maurizio Pompili, Xenia Gonda.
Sunday April 7th 15.00-16.30 Hall E
- Intersection symposium with the Old Age Psychiatry Section:
“Suicide prevention and assisted suicide in the elderly”
Chair: Gabriela Stoppe, Switzerland; Geert Dom, Belgium.
Tuesday April 9th 15.00-16.30 Hall B
Other activities involving our Section members
- Symposium by the Child and adolescent psychiatric section: “Adolescents’ non-suicidal self-injury”
Chair: Judith Balazs, Romuald Brunner.
Sunday April 7th 17.00-18.30 Hall B
- ECP Debate: “The rise in adolescent suicide: can it be fixed?”
Chair: Olga Kazakova, Marco Sarchiapone, invited speaker Danuta Wasserman.
Monday April 8th 17.00-18.30
- Symposium (supported by the EPA Section of Suicidology and Suicide Prevention in collaboration with Polish and Hungarian Psychiatric Associations): “Effective Prevention and Assessment of Risk of Suicidal Behaviour in Different Populations with Special Focus on Young People”
Chair: Danuta Wasserman, Marcin Wojnar.
Tuesday April 9th 15.00-16.30, Hall F
Nestor Kapusta together with Anna Gmitrowicz, our Chair Marco Sarchiapone and other Section members are organizing a Meeting on European Suicide Prevention Programs and Research, which will take place on Sunday, April 7th, from 12.30 to 15.00.